Do not book online if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Fever or chills in the absence of an alternative diagnosis that explains these, OR
- Acute respiratory infection that is characterised by cough, sore throat or shortness of breath, OR
- If you have been in close contact of a patient with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or have returned from overseas in the past 14 days and developed a fever, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, headache, sore muscles, runny or stuffy nose, loss of sense of smell or taste, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
Rather than coming to Airlie, if you have any of the above symptoms, the government has advised that you should attend for Covid-19 testing ASAP to one of the Public Health Units set up by the government at their local HOSPITAL EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT and self-isolate after this until your result is through.
If you do not have any of the above symptoms, you can continue to make an online appointment, as usual, with your GP at Airlie or for a vaccine as per the information below.
CORONAVIRUS VACCINATION INFORMATION
We are currently providing vaccination with the Astra Zeneca Vaccine for those patients eligible as per Phase 1b.
The eligible population groups include:
- Adults aged ≥70 years old.
- Healthcare workers not included in phase 1a.
- Commence vaccinations for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adults.
- Younger adults with an underlying medical condition and/or disability.
- Critical and high-risk workers such as police, firefighters, defence force, emergency services.
- Meat processing employees
PRIOR to booking for a covid vaccine appointment, there are two documents you must read and complete and bring in to your appointment.
- “Covid Eligibility Declaration Form” on https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/covid-19-vaccination-eligibility-declaration-form
- Covid Consent form https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/covid-19-vaccination-consent-form-for-covid-19-vaccination
Additionally, prior to booking your covid vaccine appointment you should read the documents below:
Information on Covid-19 AstraZeneca Vaccine can be located here https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/covid-19-vaccination-information-on-covid-19-astrazeneca-vaccine
Information for after your AstraZeneca Vaccine can be located here. https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/covid-19-vaccination-after-your-astrazeneca-vaccine
If we do not have a vaccine appointment available you can search for other clinics who can administer your vaccine by going to the Department of Health “Vaccines Eligibility Checker “ and completing it with your postcode for a list of other participating practices https://covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/eligibility