2 out of 3 Australians will develop skin cancer. Introducing 'Skinscope' – a new skin cancer detection service.
PREVENTION AND EARLY DETECTION ARE CRITICAL
People at higher risk of skin cancer are those who:
- Previously had a skin cancer and/or have a family history of skin cancer
- Have a large number of moles on their skin
- Have a skin type that is sensitive to ultraviolet (UV) radiation and burns easily
- Have a history of severe/blistering sunburns
- Spend lots of time outdoors, unprotected, during their lifetime
- Actively tan or use solariums, sunlamps and sunbeds
- Work outdoors
Our new Skinscope system offers more accurate diagnosis of skin lesions than traditional means with higher magnification and specially designed software. As a result of the Skinscope examination performed by our doctors, you may be spared unnecessary surgical procedures.
- History taking and an assessment of your personal risk for skin cancer
- A full clinical skin check PLUS a Skinscope check to be performed by our specially trained doctor, with all images kept on file for future comparison
- Education about prevention of skin cancer and how to perform self checks to detect any developing skin cancer
- Appropriate individual skin management